Administrative Assistant for the Columbia County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau Administrative Assistant
The Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau is seeking qualified candidates for the part-time position of Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 8th, 2022.
This position provides a flexible schedule with 12 hours per week guaranteed.
This position performs the administrative operations of the Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau under the supervision of the CCCVB Executive Director. The position assists in the management of all administrative activities in support of the mission and goals of the CVB to promote tourism activities for Columbia County by coordinating storage, filing, disbursement of information, management of databases.
The incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, stretch, and lift objects weighing thirty five (35) pounds or less. The work of the position is primarily in an office environment, however, the incumbent may be required to travel throughout the County and the CSRA making deliveries and picking up materials as needed.
- Survey surrounding county lodging to determine the number of rooms – update phone/fax/email/staffing changes.
- Survey regional press to determine the appropriate contact for PR information on calendar of events – update phone/fax/e-mail/staffing changes.
- Survey local facilities/venues for appropriate contact for sales information –update phone/fax/email/staffing changes.
- Maintain database of all of the above, to include names of staff, phone, fax, e-mail, current number of rooms, and breakdown of rooms (i.e., no. of beds and room type). Update list periodically and distribute to CVB Director and Sales/Marketing Director.
- Prepares packets for Board of Directors and committee meetings as needed.
- Maintain “Meeting and Convention/Group Tour Calendar,” and “Community Events Calendar,” to be updated as needed.
- Distribute each month list of meetings and conventions as well as tournaments to local media, hotels, Columbia County Development Authority, and Columbia County Chamber of Commerce. Indicate the organization/event name, dates, location, and anticipated attendance.
- Coordinates and completes special projects (e.g., mass direct mail, large quantities of fulfillment mailings, etc.).
- Whenever available, assist other members of the team with projects.
- Responds to all visitor inquires from mail, walk-in and telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Tracks, coordinates payment of, and participates in purchase of products and services.
- Responsible for CCCVB Accounts Payable, filing and tracking of payments, facilitation of prompt payments, and updating the information in the Quickbooks Software Package.
- Responsible for updating and coordinating Quickbooks information with outsourced Accounting
- Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Proficient with computer programs, Power Point, Excel, Word and Quickbooks and limited knowledge of
computer graphics for publication design and formatting. Knowledge of the tourism industry preferred.
Self-starting abilities and professional appearance required.