Position Title: Marketing Assistant
Company: Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Classification: Part-time (18 hours per week)
The Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau is the Destination Marketing Organization for Columbia County, GA. We are seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our team. As the Marketing Assistant, you will administratively support the Executive Director and Associate Director for 18 hours per week with print and digital marketing projects as well as assists in the management of all administrative activities.
This position is for you if:
- You have a desire to thrive within a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle changing priorities and juggle multiple projects simultaneously while keeping things moving forward.
- Have the ability to understand and execute marketing objectives with speed and accuracy.
- Confident in keeping projects moving forward while communicating with the team on what is being completed as you go.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter, creative thinker, problem solver, organized and detail oriented.
- Survey surrounding county lodging to determine the number of rooms – update phone/fax/e-mail/staffing changes.
- Survey regional press to determine the appropriate contact for PR information on calendar of events – update phone/fax/e-mail/staffing changes.
- Survey local facilities/venues for appropriate contact for sales information –update phone/fax/e-mail/staffing changes.
- Assist with social media marketing campaigns.
- Maintain database of all of the above, to include names of staff, phone, fax, e-mail, current number of rooms, and breakdown of rooms (i.e., no. of beds and room type). Update list periodically and distribute to CVB Director and Sales/Marketing Director.
- Prepares packets for Board of Directors and committee meetings as needed.
- Maintain “Meeting and Convention/Group Tour Calendar,” and “Community Events Calendar,” to be updated as needed.
- Distribute each month list of meetings and conventions as well as tournaments to local media and hotels. Indicate the organization/event name, dates, location, and anticipated attendance.
- Coordinates and completes special projects (e.g., mass direct mail, large quantities of fulfillment mailings, etc.).
- Whenever available, assist other members of the team with projects.
- Responds to all visitor inquiries from mail, walk-in and telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Tracks, coordinates payment of, and participates in purchase of products and services.
- Responsible for CCCVB Accounts Payable, filing and tracking of payments, facilitation of prompt payments, and updating the information in the QuickBooks Software Package.
- Responsible for updating and coordinating QuickBooks information with outsourced Accounting firm.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Training and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of social media marketing and trends.
- Proficient understanding of marketing and branding principles.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail.
- Proficient with computer programs, Power Point, Excel, Word and QuickBooks and limited knowledge of computer graphics for publication design and formatting.
- Bonus skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Word Press, Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Self-starting abilities and professional appearance required.
The incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, stretch, and lift objects weighing thirty five (35) pounds or less. The work of the position is primarily in an office environment, however, the incumbent may be required to travel throughout the County and the CSRA making deliveries and picking up materials as needed.
If interested, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.