The Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau continues to closely monitor coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it relates to Georgia and Columbia County in general. Our main focus continues to be the well-being of Columbia County's community and its visitors. While this is an ever changing situation, we are continuing to communicate with state officials and our local partners on COVID-19's impact locally. The Visitor Information Center is currently closed to the public. We can still assist you over the phone at 706-447-7677 and through our social channels on Facebook and Instagram.
Columbia County - Specific Updates:
- All county offices, parks and facilities are closed beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through Sunday, March 29, 2020.
- Columbia County Schools will be closed Wednesday, March 18- April 13 (to include spring break)
- Grab and Go food distribution for students in need will be available beginning Monday, March 23, - Friday April 3, at seven school host sites. Parents of Columbia County students in need can submit a meal request here: https://www.ccboe.net/apps/pages/index.jsp…
- Columbia County Public Transit will limit its services to essential and medical trips only. At the end of each day, each county vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Public Transit will continue to provide meals to those who already receive this service.
- All Columbia County Libraries to include Evans, Harlem, and Euchee Creek/Grovetown and Columbia County Senior Center will be closed to the public.
- Columbia County Parks will remain open aside from facilities. Restrooms and water features at the park will be closed for cleaning and sanitizing and will remain closed until reevaluation.
- Columbia County youth activities are being cancelled for the week of March 16, 2020.
- Columbia County rental facilities will be closed. For any questions regarding an event or meeting scheduled at one of the county’s rental venues, please contact Venues and Rentals at 706-868-3349.
- All public use of the Evans Auditorium and county conference rooms is postponed and will be rescheduled.
- To the extent feasible, Courts will remain open to address essential functions giving priority to matters necessary to protect health, safety and liberty of individuals. Court proceedings will be done in a manner to limit the risk of exposure. The Clerk of Court’s public record room will be closed to the general public.
Columbia County’s main campus and support departments will remain open and continue to serve the citizens of the county. However, Columbia County encourages the citizens to utilize online services for payments of county-related services. Columbia County Water Utility will not cut off anyone’s water service during this time period if they are unable to make a payment.
The Board of Commissioners encourages citizens to monitor Georgia Department of Health’s website for the latest updates and recommendations in regards to COVID-19.
GDPH recommends the best prevention measures for any respiratory virus include the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Columbia County - Postponements and Cancellations:
- Patriots Park Expansion Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is being postponed. Once the date has been secured, the county will notify the media and citizens of the new date and time.
- Tax Slayer Border Classic Soccer- Canceled
- The Big Bounce American event at Evans Towne Center Park has been postponed until October 9-11, 2020.
- Augusta National Women's Amateur Tournament at Champions Retreat- Postponed